Autumn has officially arrived! Winter is waiting around the corner and summer has packed its bags ready for a well-earned vacay. But, when the cold weather arrives and we’re snuggled in all cosy watching WAY too much Netflix, all we want to do is stay in, we don’t wanna head to the gym and we DEFFO don’t wanna do any spin!
But to make sure we stay looking fresh when we’re heading out on autumn walks, trick or treating and exploring Christmas markets (too early?) it’s time to step up your autumn workout routine and stay motivated with all kinds of workouts you can do at home:
Resistance Band Workout
Working on strengthening, toning and conditioning key muscles, a resistance band workout can take you from feeling fine to divine in no time! This is something you can try anywhere and only takes 15 minutes for you to feel the burn. A resistance band can be used to target arms, legs, core and the booty – all the key areas!
Put the resistance band around your thigh muscles. 15 reps of each exercise with 30-second rest between each. Repeat 3 times!
- Kneeling down. Lean back keeping a straight back with the focus on keeping your core tight.
- Lie on your back with feet on the floor. Raise up into a glute bridge and then slowly lower. Remember to constantly engage core and keep back straight when fully raised.
- Lie on your side with legs straight. Raise one leg until you feel resistance from the band. Repeat on both sides.
- On your knees with hands placed in front of you (like a kneeling plank position), straighten one leg and raise it until you feel the resistance. Repeat on both sides.
Something to help you focus your mind away from the latest Keeping Up With The Kardashians series and onto something more peaceful, yoga is a must if you need to clear your head and detox. Taking you from a stressed mess to an empress in a matter of minutes, you can work on your core, focus on clearing any negativity from your mind and find some inner peace! Namaste!
Focus on breathing through every position. This will help you to move through each position with ease on your yoga mat.
- Start by trying a tree pose or a downward dog position, these will engage your core, strengthen muscles and focus on balance work.
Home Weight Session
To strengthen muscles head to toe, weight sessions are FAB! You can target key areas or complete a full body toning session in the comfort of your home. Get your own set of weights or even use something you already have at home.
15 reps of each exercise and repeat the whole workout 4 times with 1 minute rest between each set!
- Bicep curls
- Overhead arm raises with both hands on the weight and weight behind your head. Engage your biceps and raise the weight until arms are fully stretched above your head.
- Arm raises with weights making sure arms are straight and raised SLOWLY to shoulder height
- Twist lunges with weight. Remember to take your time and look to each side as you twist.
- Squats with weight held outstretched in front.
P.S. Remember To Stretch
No matter how hard you workout this autumn it is SUPER important to stretch before and after every session. This will keep ya muscles warm and reduce the chance of injury. Set aside AT LEAST 10 mins to stretch from head to toe!
How will you be keepin’ fit this Autumn?