You’ve been bossin’ it in the gym, working on that cardio and those abs of steel, but one thing is missing….toned arms!
Hard to work and easy to forget, it can be a slow process to tone up the arms if you’re not focusing on them. To help you get them strong and SUPER toned we’ve found some exercises you need to add to your workout. Thank us later!
Big Up The Bicep Curls
It’s a classic, it’s a must-have and it’s bringin you those super toned arms in no time. Ideal to do at the gym or at home, bicep curls tone those biceps one rep at a time. Once you’ve mastered it you can keep adding to the weight and really feel the burn.
- Start with your arms down by your side holding dumbbell weights
- Bend your arms and raise from the elbow so weights are now close to your shoulders
- Extend your arms again back down to the start position
- 30 x reps on both arms
Dip It Down Low
Tricep dips work the muscles at the back of the arms, and you can try them wherever you are! From the edge of your sofa to the step at the gym, as long as you can lower into a dip, you’re gonna be sculpting those arms.
- Using the edge of a chair, a bench in the gym or anything else you can get your hands on, place your hands on either side of your hips behind your back, hands facing forwards.
- Slowly lower and raise yourself up and down so you are working your arm muscles and pushing your body weight up and down from the floor – without actually sitting on it!
- To increase the workout simply increase the distance you have to lower yourself to the floor (for super easy exercise you can try raising and lowering yourself when lay on a gym mat).
- 25 x dips
Release That Stress With A Shoulder Press
Sculpting those upper arms, a shoulder press is a MUST in your arm routine. This little exercise can be done alongside some controlled breathing to make sure you’re chilled as hell after a long day.
Focused on strengthening the muscles and toning the whole arm, add these to your workout starting today and you’ll see (and feel!) results in no time.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart holding your dumbbells in each hand
- Bend your elbows to bring your hands to your shoulders with your palms facing forward
- Press the weights straight overhead make sure to keep your shoulders down
- Finally, lower your weights back to the shoulders
- 20 x shoulder presses
The Attack Of The Tricep Push Back
A little harder to master, tricep push backs are all about working the back of those triceps. Once you’ve mastered the technique, this workout will leave your triceps burning to give you the toned arms you’ve been after…
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent and holding a dumbbell in each hand. Have your arms straight down by your sides with your palms facing back.
- Lift your arms straight back behind you so that the tricep is tense (try it with or without dumbbells).
- Then return your arms to your sides.
- To increase the burn, try slowing down the motion and contrasting this with quick pulses.
- 25 reps concentrating on keeping the triceps tense.
Raise it Up! Side to Side
Side raises work every muscle in your arms – with tension specifically on the bicep and tricep. If you want your arms lookin’ fine from every angle, check this one out!
- Stand tall with your knees slightly bent holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keeping arms slightly bent at the elbow and raise your arms to the side until the dumbbell is level with your shoulders.
- Lower your arms back to the original position.
- 10 to 20 reps dependent on how hard you want to push yourself.
Time for the gym? Add these exercises to your usual workouts and you’ll have those toned arms in no time!
More Articles Like This
JD Sports | June 19, 2022
Just Announced: Oleksandr Usyk v Anthony Joshua II
JD Sports | April 22, 2022